Monday, April 7, 2014

Why Being Against Gay Marriage Does Not Make You a Hater, Rather an Affirmer of Religious Values


Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and their own religion, including the right to follow the Bible and have their political opinions be influenced by being a practicing Christian.  The Old Testament makes clear that a man should cleave to a woman and "become as one flesh," that the sexual practices in Sodom and Gomorrah were aberrant to God. 

As a Christian I should not HATE homosexuals, (and I don't), and in fact I should not hate anyone, but I have a right to feel that homosexual sexual practices are not God's ideal, even if genetics  does play a part in their sexual choices. If homosexuals cannot live any other way than they do, than as a Christian I should have empathy for them. But I should not be expected to feel that their relationships should be sanctified by the government on the same par as the holy union of a man and woman. Two men can never complement each other as a man and woman would; neither can two women complement each other as a  man and woman would. Homosexuality is a form of attraction for incomplete individuals who are essentially running from their own God destined identities on a subconscious level, even if it is not wholly their fault that they run from themselves. This is what I will teach my children, whether ANYONE I know likes it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment